Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Google Chrome and Live Blogging


Google is about to launch a browser, and is planning a press conference today at 2 PM today. Here is a little about the buzz surrounding the launch:

We believe Kara Swisher of the All Things Digital blog was first to pick up on Google's official announcement: Chrome is real. Earlier today Swisher also had the first confirmation from sources that the launch of the browser was imminent. It's not an elaborate hoax. It's a bona fide product and it will be available for download Tuesday. We'll have a hands-on review as soon as we get some time to explore the product.

So why the mystery? Human error, it appears. According to the official Google blog, "At Google, we have a saying: 'launch early and iterate.' While this approach is usually limited to our engineers, it apparently applies to our mailroom as well! As you may have read in the blogosphere, we hit 'send' a bit early on a comic book introducing our new open-source browser..."


Source: C-NET News

Related: Read the Chrome Comic book

Hat Tip: Charles G via email


**update** 1.06 PM The Cover-It_live Widget seems to not be embeddable. So, you'll have to go there. I am off to prepare for my own live event at 3.30 PM.

The tech journalist linked to in the above story will be live-blogging the press conference via Cover-It-Live, and I have signed up to participate, and if I can get the code in time, will embed it in a post just prior to the press conference.
Personally, I hope that the browser will do all it says in the comicbook, because I am extremely fed up with the obvious shortcomings of Internet Explorer 7, Opera 9.5, and lately...Firefox 3. I have had a very bad experience with FF3, and have lost large amounts of data due to the instability of that browser. Chrome sounds like what I am looking for, since most of my work is done inside a browser. I plan on checking it out, and adding it to my stable of tools.
Also, I plan on having a live video webcast today from about 3.30 PM to 4.45 PM or so if I can work out all the issues I have been having with my laptop. If I can't get that done...I will be for sure recording video for later embedding. All I can say is that it should interest both lefties and righties.

1 comments :

poor Firefox... they're gonna take more and more of a hit as Chrome inevitably gains in popularity